Shutov Vladimir Sergeevich, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Skvortsov Aleksey Olegovich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rogkova Liliya Valer'evna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Actuality of the article is stipulated by a necessity of searching for a strategy and a model of development of Russia’s economy, which is given rise by depletion of primary economy of Russia on the one hand and underexploitation of human capital. The goal of the study is comparative analysis of alternative strategies and models of Russia’s development in order to elaborate a system and pragmatical approach to choosing a vector of economic progress.
Materials and methods. The research goal was achieved on the basis of the comparative analysis of alternative strategies and models of Russia’s development both carried out in practice and regarded as a perspective that allows to reveal strong and weak sides of the models under examination, their merits and demerits. The methodology included comparative, historical and logic, system analyses.
Results. The authors investigated models of Russia’s development, which had been carried out in practice (soviet economic model, liberal market economic mo¬del), a concept of convergence, which unites strong and weak sides of capitalism and socialism; compared scenarios of Russia’s future supposed innovative development of economy, industrialization, active industrial policy, financial stabilization; revealed merits and demerits of these scenarios.
Conclusions. The examination allows to substantiate the necessity of an alternative approach to choosing a model of country’s development and constant correction of the strategy according to modern requirements, to make a conclusion concerning opportunities of combination of different variants of Russia’s economic development following some models integrating several possible strategies of development.
model of development, strategy of development, convergence theory, innovative development, industrialization, modernization, industrial policy, financial stabilization, post industrial economy, information economy.
1. Rossiyskaya biznes-gazeta [Russian business newspaper]. 2013, no. 883 (12 Febr.).
2. Aksakov A. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian newspaper]. 2012, Dec. 12.
3. Guriev S., Plekhanov A., Sonin K. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economy]. 2010, no. 3.
4. Yasin E., Yakovlev Ya. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economy]. 2006, no. 2.
5. Glaz'ev S. Rossiyskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal [Russian economic journal]. 2002, no. 1.
6. Kushlin V. Ekonomist [Economist]. 2006, no. 1.
7. Porokhovskiy A. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economy]. 2002, no. 10.
8. Mau V. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economy]. 2005, no. 1.
9. Nanotekhnologii kak klyuchevoy faktor novogo tekhnologicheskogo uklada v ekonomike [Nanotachnologies as a key factor of the new technological structure of economy]. Ed. by S. Yu. Glaz'ev, V. V. Kharitonov. Moscow: Tovant, 2009.
10. Sakharov A. D. Razmyshleniya o progresse, mirnom sosushchestvovanii i intellektual'¬noy svobode [Reflections on progress, peaceful coexistence and intellectual freedom]. Moscow, 1968.
11. Vasin S. M., Shutov V. S. Upravlenie riskami na predpriyatii: ucheb. posobie [Risk management at enterprises: tutorial]. Moscow: KNORUS, 2010, p. 215.
12. Ryazanov V. T. Ekonomicheskoe razvitie Rossii XIX–XX vv. [Economic development of Russia in XIX–XX centuries]. Saint-Petersburg, 1998.
13. Medushevskaya I. E., Skvortsova V. A., Yagafarova E. F. Konkurentsiya i konkurentnye preimushchestva: Teoriya i rossiyskaya praktika [Competition and competitive advantages]. Saarbryuken, 2012.
14. Skvortsov A. O., Tarasova E. M. Izvestiya Penzenskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. V. G. Belinskogo. Obshchestvennye nauki [Proceedings of Penza State Pedagogical University named after V. G. Belinsky]. 2012, no. 28.
15. Skvortsova V. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshche¬stvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 1 (25).
16. Volodin V. M., Skvortsova V. A., Skvortsov A. O. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 4 (28).
17. Glazev S., Firsov G. Novyy kurs: strategiya proryva [New deal: a breakthrough strategy]. Available at: http://park.futurerussia.ru/extranet/about/official/3293/.